Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday

I seem to have made it through Not Me Monday correctly (and received my first 2 comments from strangers!!) so I think I will try to do my first "for real" Ten things Tuesday. Check out XBOX WIFE and the button on my side bar for more info about this fun carnival! What are you thankful for?

With Turkey Day approaching quickly I shall discuss the 10 things that I love about Thanksgiving...

1. My Mom's turkey and mashed potatoes! There is NOTHING like a turkey dinner made by Mom! Mmmmmm!

2. The toast. I love hearing my Dad wish everyone health and happiness. This is the time when I really reflect on how thankful I am for all God's blessings.

3. Family time without the fuss. I love Christmas, but Thanksgiving is definitely my favorite holiday. No need to worry about gifts (unless Thanksgiving happens to fall on my Mom or sister's birthdays...like this year. It's Denise's birthday and last year was my Mom's!) At least I don't have to rush around in holiday traffic, pushing through crowds of slow people to get the "perfect" gift that everyone else wants to buy.

4. Dessert! No need to elaborate!

5. Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade

6. The memories of Thanksgiving past...I have such good memories. Especially of this one year where I wore a cute jean jumper and white turtleneck. For some reason, I will always remember that outfit!!

7. Cranberry sauce, V8 juice, olives, apple cider and baby pickles

8. Sleeping late (er)

9. Not entertaining loads of guests in my tiny town home

10. DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING SHOPPING!


Gobble, gobble!



3 comments:

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Yay...official 10 things!! I love your list. I think I might actually brave the day after Thanksgiving crowds as well this year!!

Anonymous said...

Amen to desserts! Amen to family. Amen to gathering in His name. Thanks for your list!

Anonymous said...

Im going after thansksgiving day shopping too! woohooo!