Friday, November 7, 2008

Headed in the right direction...

UPDATE~
We are scheduled to go in for Erin's surgery on Monday, November 10th at 7:30 and need to arrive an hour earlier. It should be a quick procedure and recovery will be between 45 minutes to 1 hr. then we can go home. Thankfully we are closed for the holiday the following day so Erin will get an extra day to recoup.

**************************************************************************************



Today was the day we met with the Ear, nose and throat doctor to find out what our next step with Erin's ears would be. It really has been horrible to watch her month after month with little relief from the chronic ear infections. Boy does this kid deserve a good night's sleep (and maybe we do too!) The kind doctor agreed that tubes would be the no-brainer resolution. I really didn't want it to come to this. I also didn't want Erin to have to be on SO many different kinds of antibiotics either and here we are on #6! No wonder she is resistant! I was hoping that Erin would be able to kick this last infection and we would be able to see a chiropractor as a preventative. C'est la vie! So, we are just waiting for our beloved Dr. Rotondo's stamp of approval (Erin's cardiologist) and we will be going in for surgery (eek!) some time on Monday. Yes, THIS Monday! I really thought that this process would be taking longer and was relieved to hear that it will all be taking place so quickly.

I am still debating wheter or not I will be going into the operating room with her. If Greg and I will both be able to then I will go too, but if it's just one of us I am not sure if I am ready for that. She is so much more aware of her surrounding and is becoming uncomfortable with meeting new people. I am sure she will be gripping my sweater and repeating, "I shy." She just might be more relaxed with Greg and not Mommy.

We shall see...

On a fun note, Erin and I went outside for a photoshoot in the beautiful fall leaves that have enhanced our backyard. Enjoy!
***********************************************************************************




2 comments:

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

I'm glad everything is scheduled and you guys will have an extra day at home. I will be praying for you and Erin that day - no matter how quick they say it will be I am sure it will still be scary/stressful/exhausting. If you need anything that day I will be home (like I go anywhere else ever) and most likely will be driving again...

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

I am soooo excited. I have several different ideas for a new background for you!! Hopefully I will have some options to email to you by tonight or tomorrow night.