So I think I will give it a try. I have been reading Mckmamma's Not Me Monday for weeks (weeks really, not months) now and I think I might be ready to give it a try! If you don't know what I am talking about, visit MckMama's blog and her Charming Kids for some details and a wonderful story about love, laughter, her 4 small children and a miracle...
It was someone else and not me who bawled like a baby during the father/daughter dance at her cousin's wedding on Saturday because her Daddy didn't ask her to dance (because he didn't hear the announcement) I am wayyy too mature to not ask my father to dance if I wanted to.
I did not bribe my dear daughter with her messy sand (oatmeal) box so she would sit still long enough for me to cut her already short hair...nope, not me. I would never use scissors (again) on her hair. I am a patient mother who doesn't mind spending $16 on a hair cut that I could do in my kitchen for free. And will certainly not hear all about it from my mother, husband, mother and sister in law, co-workers that I didn't cut Erin's hair again. Nope, not me!
I did not drive my daughter to the drive thru at Dunkin Donuts on our car ride home from school because she said an explicit word that she uses for "Dunkin"...and I automatically knew that ... meant "dunkin" and that she wanted a munckin. I definitely did not feed my toddler 4 munchkins in her car seat instead of waiting until we got home to feed her fruits and veggies.
It wasn't Erin and I who were locked out of our car outside Burlington Coat Factory because I did not know that our key pad for the key less entry on our car wasn't working. Not me. I know enough not to lock the car just for that fact!
It wasn't me who sent Timmy to his cot instead of straight to the bathroom because I knew he was moments away from losing his breakfast, snack and lunch!
I will definitely not be thinking of and saving comments for next week's Not Me Monday because I really didn't have anything exciting to share my first Monday! I am far too witty to have to resort to such a thing!!
I didn't just have to come back and edit this page and add a button for Not Me Mondays...I have already prepared for this and I really know what I am doing!! I also did not turn on my laptop while cooking dinner to add two more thoughts. And it definitely was NOT MY laptop that shut off unexpectidly without explaination before I was able to post my new thoughts. If that hadn't happened, I know wouldn't have swore at it and then run upstairs to the PC to see if the post had magically posted itself!
3 comments:
Um, if you were to have read my "not me" from a few weeks back, you would have seen it was "not me" who locked my 2 year old in at the gas station. Good list and welcome!
Yay!!! Welcome to Not Me Monday fun...all the cool kids are doing it. I left you a message on myspace about your background...
I love Not Me Mondays!
Post a Comment