Sunday, January 18, 2009

Oh S@#t!!

She figured it out. She must have read my mind that I was thinking of making her crib a "big girl" bed. Nap time at home was always a sure thing. Lunch at 12:00, stories and nap at 12:30. She'd be asleep until 3:00. Boy were we lucky.

Today we followed the same routine and about 15 minutes into my "break" I hear Erin's bedroom door shut. Greg and I are both downstairs and Zoe isn't that talented yet so I run upstairs and see my one day shy of 2 yrs. old little girl literally running around her bedroom wearing a backwards baseball hat and a smile of new found freedom. After I try my best not to laugh out loud as I tell Erin a firm-ish "NO!", I say to myself, "Oh s@#t!"

It's already been an hour and she has escaped 1/2 a dozen times and is still not sleeping. Right now it's Greg's turn to play warden and I am downstairs trying not to freak out about the loss of my special time. This is going to suck!

Nap time, bed time...all I can see are the struggles that are to come. I can see me wanting to call Super Nanny to come and help me tame my little monster. Erin has that "never take no for an answer - I'll do what I want with a smile on my face while you tell me no" personality. I can tell the teenage years will be joyous!

This is NOT good...not good at all!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new "big girl bed!" We didn't tackle that one until after 2 1/2... we did the potty training first. Either way, those are the hardest 2 things to accomplish... hope all goes well at bed time!

Jen S.