We have told family and friends about this place so I wasn't surprised to see my friend from work Sarah and her boys, sister and her kids there last night. This is the second time we have gone at the same time without mention!
Because for some reason I am VERY into food these days (yes I know, very odd...and NO I am NOT pregnant!) I took pictures of our experience...
Our seat right next to one of the many fish tanks

We started out with our "we get it every time" drink, a Rainforest Ricky. Mine on the rocks and Greg's as a smoothie. It's just a drink of fruit juices...no alcohol. We followed that with some kick ass nachos (another BIG craving of mine lately! (again people, NOT pregnant!)
Of course as my meal I ordered the Chicken Fried Chicken. I always order the same thing usually anywhere I go, so the Rainforest is no exception. Greg had a ceasar salad and chowder...boring!
My meal and the nachos

To top off the night we ordered another favorite. The VOLCANO!!! I type that in caps because when you order the desert the "guide" (waiter) will bring it out yelling, "VOLCANO" and you will hear an echo of other "guides" yelling as well!
"VOLCANO!!!!"

When it's your birthday they bring out the treat with a candle and a few extra "guides" to sing a special Rainforest Cafe Happy Birthday song.
We always take the same picture every year outside the Rainforest after dinner is over but some obnoxious teens were sitting in our spot(how rude!) so we took a pic. as close to the usual spot as possible!


Our traditional picture last year


We walked around the HUGE mall for a few hours and then went to Barnes and Noble across the street to drool over highly priced books. The drive home was fun and quicker than usual for some reason. The night ended by watching/listening to my new John Mayer bluray in surround sound, something we don't get to do with Erin home. It felt as if I had the concert in my living room. It was exactly what I like!

What a wonderful memory I will have of my 30th birthday weekend!
We missed you, Erin!
No comments:
Post a Comment