Monday, January 5, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Is it Monday already?! Thanks MckMama for this wonderful outlet!


I was more than surprised by the birthday party that my husband (with the help of my wonderful family) threw me yesterday. I had no clue why we were going to Best Buy, Kohls and WalMart for no reason, when we have NO money to spend, and that we had already been to Kohls twice the day before. It made total sense to me to tag along at these stores instead doing the much needed grocery shopping. I wasn't tipped off when my sweet husband let me know that he had just called my mother and asked if it was ok for her to watch Erin a bit longer so we could go to these stores and "extend" my birthday weekend a bit longer.

I have not been eating, dreaming, thinking of tacos for the past few months. I do not want to eat tacos for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. I did not make my husband stop at Taco Bell at 10:30 at night after eating a full meal of chicken, mashed potatos, nachos and dessert at the Rainforest Cafe. I am also not having tacos for dinner tonight! My obsession for tacos has not spilled on to my daughter who now loves to eat ground turkey meal covered in sour cream. I further more did not slather her meatballs in sour cream tonight in hopes that she would think it was turkey and she would eat it! That would be gross and slightly weird!

The plans are totally made for my daughter's second birthday party that should be happening in 2 weeks. Like last year, I had started planning the party back in September and I have already purchased the necessary items that I will need to throw a party in my home. I know which day it will be, where it will be held, who is invited, what we will be eating. The theme and where I would like to buy the birthday cake isn't the only things that I know for certain!

My couch was not breathing a sigh of relief this morning when it saw me finally go out the door and head to work, instead of sit on it and do nothing all day. I most certainly did not keep it warm the past- - - days. I was busy sitting at my desk planning curriculum ideas for my preschoolers because I am a diligent teacher and planning is my favorite thing to do during my winter vacation. I was able to plan activities up until June!

I did not make a New Year's Resolution this year instead of saving it for Labor Day like we have been doing every year for the past 10 yrs. And if I did make a resolution, it would not be to gain 15 lbs. That is so dumb! Who would resolve to gain weight? Normal people resolve to lose weight during the New Year!

What didn't you do?

No comments: