Monday, December 1, 2008

Not Me Monday



Here's to another month and another installment of Not Me Monday. Make sure you check out the creator of Not Me Monday, MckMama and read all about her amazing children, husband and life!

It wasn't me who stayed up a few minutes later last night to watch the Britney Spears special that I found on MTV. Like I really have an interest in why she shaved her head and locked herself in the bathroom with her children! I have better things to do...like sleeping!

I did not set my toddler down in her bedroom, alone, out of sight with a box of crayons and a pad of paper so I could come on and check out other Not Me's on our half day off. I value our half days seeing they are few and far between too much to spend quality time by myself!

I did not feel guilty for setting my toddler down in her bedroom, alone, out of sight with a box of crayons and a pad of paper so I could come on and check out other Not Me's on our half day off. I value our half days, seeing they are few and far between, too much to spend quality time by myself!

I did not feel guilty for then reading online the origin of Tina Fey's scar after checking the other Not Me's before going back to check on my little one.

And I most certainly did not feel guilty for turning the TV on and watching Oprah interview Barbara Walters after finally rejoining my little girl in her cute pink bedroom. Nope...not me!

I am not a little bit happy that I actually did spend some quality time by myself this afternoon!

It wasn't Erin and I who stood at our doorway gazing at the moon, Venus and Jupiter tonight while talking to Ga-Gi on the phone and dreaming of where we will be 40 yrs. from now when they are all aligned again. Nope, I wasn't at all thinking of my little girl almost 42 with kids of her own. I instead was in the moment.


2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

We all NEED time to ourselves sometimes, right? Think of it as therapy time! Great list!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Okay...now I am going to google Tina Fey...and did they say why Britney shaved her head?

Sounds like a nice half day - and don't feel guilty - we all need a little alone time, even our wee ones!!