Erin will be 2 in January and I believe that right now would be a good time to start trying for #2. My husband on the other hand does not share my opinion. As some of you know, I have hypothyroidism and was diagnosed back in 2001. Living with this disease is sometimes not very easy. The thyroid hormones control everything in your body. So when my thyroid is "off" my whole body is off. From my hair becoming thin and falling out to my regular monthly cycles slowing or even not existing.
I have finally started to get back to "normal" but my wonderful doctor and I are still "playing" with my medication to get me exactly where I should be...for now. You see, my meds. can be regulated now but come 6 weeks to 6 months from now, I could be in the same situation I was in all this summer. Exhausted, crabby and not myself. I went over a year without having a period which makes it hard for someone like me to try and calculate when I could get pregnant. That's my problem.
Right now I am feeling fine and my body is doing what it should be doing for a change. This is why I believe that now is the time to get pregnant. It took us 7 months to conceive Erin, who knows how long it will take with Leah (I KNOW my next one will be a girl and her name will be Leah!)
If you know our situation right now financially, which most of you don't unless you are our parents, you would understand why Greg has a different opinion that me on the whole TTC topic. He thinks that if we wait until at least this time next year we will be in a better situation. He is thinking about after we have the baby I will be making considerably a lot less money while I collect TDI and then when I go back to work it won't be full time like it is now. And who will watch this new little one when it is time to get back to work? We are lucky to have a wonderful aunt who watched Erin for the last few month before she could come to school with me, but would she want to do it again?
I really do get his point about being to be able to financially support this little one and of course the 3 of us already but there comes a point when you have to say, "there will never be the right time to have a child". We were never expecting all the complications we had regarding Erin's health after she was born but look at her now. We never knew that Greg was going to be laid off twice within a year when the mortgage industry took a turn for the worse. We didn't see that one coming either. But who knows how long it will take us to get pregnant. I feel that if we wait my health could spiral down again and it will take us that much longer.
Oh I wish he could see my side of this all. Or maybe I am the one who needs to look again. Any thoughts?
**********************************
On a happier note...
Today was the day we took Erin to see Santa. I am hoping this will become one of our traditions every holiday. We took Erin last year and she didn't freak out so we decided to try again this year.
She is starting to become "shy" so I was prepared for her to refuse to sit on Santa's lap but she actually did ok...if you consider ok sitting on his lap but not looking at him and saying quietly "Mommy, Mommy" At least she didn't scream! Personal cameras are not permitted so I don't have any to post right now. But you can visit www.eastbayri.com tomorrow morning after 9am and click on Photos with Santa to see my munchkin with her second visit with Santa. (You might be able to find her better if you look under Group 7)I was able to take a few pics. of the little "big" girl in the Christmas outfit that she wore to



After Santa we went to pick out our tree. We found a beautiful, full tree at a price we could afford (thanks, Wal-Mart!) and took it home to discover that there was a huge split in the trunk from the bottom to half way up the tree!! After nap time we went and returned the dud and bought an even better tree. It's sitting in our living room right now awaiting all of our cherished ornaments!
2 comments:
This is definitely a hard one, but I say go for it. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said there is NO right time. I always think about that there are ways to make it work. And as you said - with your health who knows when you could hit another sweet spot like this.
We are discussing the whens and whys for #3 - my doc said there is a chance for another cyst to appear on the other side and if it does that one is gone too - that has us thinking we might be trying again sooner than planned. No matter what we will find a way to make it work.
I can't wait to see Erin with Santa, we are debating going this year - last year Tommy HATED.
Luv you!!
I would absolutely love to help out if #2 (Leah) comes anytime soon. I absolutely loved watching Erin I miss her daily.
Love You!
Post a Comment