After visiting MckMama's site and following some fellow bloggers, I feel that I have no place to complain about Erin's health. I was reading a story of a mother the same age as me who has had one miscarriage and her second child only lived for 16 minutes. How selfish of me to complain. My daughter was given a second chance and I should be thanking God hourly if not minute by minute that she is here with me and that she has "normal" ailments that are non life threatening. I feel so insensitive and ungrateful.
****************************************************************************
Thank goodness for my very own blog. I have been needing an outlet to vent all day and finally with Miss Toddler in bed I will be able to write for a minute!
7- The total number of ear infections that my little girl has had
2- Two of them have been since having "tubes"
10- The number of minutes the little one slept at nap time at school
4- Months we have been off again on again sick
5- The number of days that toddler of mine slept through the night...I mean the whole night, not a peep at 9:30, 10:30, 11:30...since August.
5- number of times that I am sure she will be calling "Mommy" tonight
10ish- The time my relief will be coming home
15- number of minutes of "relief" I will have before she will call me again and not want Daddy
2- How many times I will try unsuccessfully to take a shower tonight
47,000- The amount of times that I am sure this will all happen again!
3 comments:
((HUGS)) I feel the same way sometimes...so insensitive and almost guilty for complaining...but I realized that I could drive myself crazy doing that and that sometimes just venting about it really does help!! Erin definitely puts you through your paces!! (poor thing!! I can't believe all the ear infections she has had!!) I will be thinking of you and Erin when Jack gets me up tonight :)
I feel your pain, too. Your blog was one of the ones I read too and I felt bad that I was complaining but glad that I am not alone. Thank you for always letting me know that you are here for me and that I am understood. I will be thinking of you and Jack too tonight! This too shall pass...
Post a Comment