
I have been tempted to join the oh so popular, "Not me Monday" and add some "not me's" to the bunch but figured that I should try something a little more meaningful to me right now. I think I will start My Marriage Monday. This will give me the drive to do some things that will help my stressed out relationship with my "Prince Charming"
I wish that there were more hours in a day. Greg and I rarely spend "quality" time together, especially lately with my health and all. I really wish we had more time to just be alone together to reconnect. Greg works 4 nights a week and when the weekend comes we spend most of our energy making sure we spend quality time with Erin, our families or household commitments. Our current financial situation has brought on so much added and not needed stress to the marriage. It has really put a strain on our relationship. You would think that during such a hard time we would be coming together instead of falling apart. Isn't money horrible?
It seems that we have lost ourselves after our wedding. We instantly threw ourselves in to our home, our jobs, becoming parents...we don't know how to be just Greg and Jen. Honestly, I don't even think I know how to be Jen, let alone part of a couple.
This week for my marriage I will work on time spent together. When Greg and I do finally get to spend time together, I will try on my end to make that time meaningful. No T.V., and only positive conversation. If there is a disagreement I will work on being a "fair fighter" and not falling in to the trap of "I did this...what have you done?"
*************************************************************************************
I think I will work on my goal tomorrow...I'm too pissed off to follow through tonight! Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus!
1 comment:
I must say though not me monday is very therapuetic, but I like your idea too - focus on your relationship. Its definitely hard to like each other all the time, especially when the alone time (what little there is) is spent looking over bills or staring at the tv....I hope you have a wonderful Marriage Monday!!!!
Post a Comment