Erin has had a bit of a lingering cough for a little over a month now. The dr. doesn't seem to be concerned and it's usually only while she is sleeping. The other night it sounded like the croup but not bad enough to keep her awake all night. Last night Erin was fussy at her usual fussy time (9:30 every night. Must be moving into a different sleep stage) Then she was fussy again at 11:30. I stayed with her for a little while and she fell back to sleep. 4:30 came (another typical fussy time) and cried a little bit. 6:00 comes and Erin is still asleep. She's usually yelling for Greg or I at this time every morning. 6:30--6:40---finally Erin wakes up crying. Greg goes in to get her up and change her. He takes her out of bed, stands her up and I hear a thud. I had no idea what was going on until Greg calls me to come in.
I walk in to Erin's room and see her limp, colorless and sweaty. Usually she looks like this when she needs to vomit. This time her nostrils were the size of a pin and she has a hint of blue/green around her mouth. We sit with her on the floor, take off her jammies and she goes in and out of alert and asleep. Inside I am trying to stay calm but with all the scary episodes we have had up until this point, it's hard to relax. Finally Erin comes around and sounds like she is close to vomiting. When she doesn't we get her some juice to try to help her out.
I call out of work and figure that I'll be home with a puking child all day but so far, nothing. She is just FULL of mucus. Right now she is playing with blocks and reading books. She's active but not totally herself. She's eaten 1 1/2 bowls of Cheerios, a cup of juice and 1/2 a frozen go-gurt. So far, so good but she had me worried a little bit there for a while...
1 comment:
That's awful. Did she have a fever? It almost sounds like a febrile seizure. I know Tommy has had one - he was in too many pajama's in a too warm house. I hope it was a one time thing and your little princess is on the mend!!
Post a Comment