Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This is me in a nutshell

I have hypothyroidism. Once in a great while I need to adjust my meds. to accomodate my quality of life. I can get moody, fatigued, cold, sweaty, nervous, anxious, depressed, fat, cranky, slow, exhausted. I can have lack of interest, lack of desire, lack of self esteem, lack of motivation, lack of fertility, lack of memory...

I also am recovering from Epstein-Barr virus and have extra fluid around my heart which makes me fatigued, out of breath, slow, nervous, afraid, not at ease....

I am a mother of a toddler. I take her to school for 8 1/2 hrs a day. I listen to her cry if she is unhappy and I am not able to console her. I try to reason as I pray that getting into the car seat is an easy transition at the end of the day. I bribe with milk, Dora, Puppy, kisses...I drive home singing "Wheels on the Bus", playing "I spy", saying "Shhh...we're almost home, "it's ok..." to try and comfort my daughter as she fusses in her seat, wipes the bottom of her dirty sneakers, takes off her socks and shoes, yells "All done". I get home and prepare dinner and tomorrow's lunch as my toddler slowly starts to melt because she just played for 8 1/2 hrs. at school and now she wants to eat. I bribe her with muffins so she can take her 3rd round of antibiotics for yet another painful ear infection. I hope that I don't have to clean poop out of the tub during bathtime. I read Witzy Wonders, Goodnight Moon, Brown bear, brown bear, Bedtime for Bunbun, and "Tilly". I snuggle close and breath in her innocence. I give kisses and reassurance and hope that she doesn't cry for me. We haven't spent much time together...

I clean up what I can but I am tired again because I am a teacher. I take care of 20 children and they have the energy that I am longing for. I wish that I could prepare myself dinner but only have the strength somedays to pour cereal, again...

I don't care of myself. I don't eat like I should, don't drink like I should, don't care about myself as much as I should...

I am a wife. I eat dinner alone. Worry about money, time, health alone. I'm usually sleeping late at night and it leaves little time for conversation, hugs, closeness, a connection...

This is me in a nutshell. Take it or leave it...100%
*************************************************************************************

I have hypothyroidism. I am in tune to my body more than most. I am aware of my health and am my own best advocate.

I am on the road to recovery. My heart is strong and is in repair. I have educated doctors guiding me and helping me make the best choices for myself.

I am a mother of a healthy toddler. That in itself is a blessing. I wake and see each day through her eyes. I comfort, mend, support, engage and teach. I am a playmate, a friend, a role model. I sing, read, run, cuddle, protect and love unconditionally.

I am a teacher. I inspire, teach, support, care, listen, guide and learn.

I am a wife. I have the support of a best friend. Someone who has and will see me at my best and my worst. I have someone to talk to, cry with, laugh with, dream with. I have someone to love and grow old with, to raise my children with, share myself with.

This is me in a nutshell. Take it or leave it... 100%

No comments: