Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm seeing the world for the first time...again!





I always knew I wanted to be a mother and have many children. I think the number was 20! That was before of course, that I became a teacher! Now the number is somewhere in the 2 or 3 range!

I always knew I wanted to be a mother, but I never knew that I needed Erin.

It took us 7 LONGGGG months to become pregnant with Erin. 7 long months, but it was worth every minute!

Erin was born Friday, January 19, 2007 at 2:19pm by c-section. She wasn't a typical newborn but after her very successful open heart surgery at a month old, she made up for lost time without missing a beat!

Erin is FULL of life. She is in LOVE with her Da-da! From the moment she wakes in the morning she is calling his name loud enough for the neighborhood to hear! She is wrapped around his finger...and he is wrapped around hers!

Erin has my eyes and hair, but the rest of her is all Greg! She can be very calm and mellow. She is able to entertain herself by looking at books and doing fine motor activites...but she also loves to run, play with balls, stand on chairs, hide in tents and laugh! She has the BEST laugh!

My mom told me the other day that she could hear my smile through the phone. I was coming in the door after a long day at work and Erin was at the top of the stairs to greet me! I couldn't tell you what my mom and I had been talking about up until that point because once you see Erin, the whole world stands still!

No comments: