Monday, February 11, 2013
February is a tough month
As I prepare to take Erin for her 6 yr. check-up, I can't help but recall where we were in our lives 6 years ago this February and how far Erin has come as far as health. I will NEVER forget the wonderful and kind and helpful nurses and doctors we encountered at Hasbro Children's Hospital as well as at Children's Hospital Boston. Strangers who rallied together to support us and family who have always been there for us.
Every February I try to move through the month with a positive attitude as we raise money to give back to the hospital in Boston. But somehow I get stuck in the feelings of that time and I get a pit in my stomach as big as the holes that once used to be in Erin's heart. Today would have been the first day home from our first visit to Hasbro. It would only be 4 days before we would be back again and stay there until surgery in Boston.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment